Re: Extending the life of the F26 wallpaper?

This is a great point―bringing people together. I'm a new contributer to Fedora who did the initial draft of the F26 wallpaper that we're talking about. It's a surreal and incredible experience to see what that wallpaper eventually became being used on announcements, marketing, and reviews about the new release.

While I have no experience about the per-release cycle of coming together as a team, the ability to work on this wallpaper with the design team as one of my initial contributions was extremely worthwhile and a great way to acclimate to the processes of open, distributed design.

I know there are supplementary wallpaper votes that draw many contributions. When I was trying to figure out how to join/contribute to Fedora it would have been nice to have a clear "pitch the wallpaper for Fedora 27", or "share your design" or something. If you're open to that much involvement that may provide some clarity for people looking for "come together" new projects.

Thanks for the good discussion!

Short version: New contributer won't be offended if the wallpaper he helped with is changed for F27―and thinks the opportunity to contribute to the main wallpaper could be a draw for new contributors as well.