Re: Quick idea for revamping the getfedora.org front page

how about http://www.bypeople.com/_javascript_-animation-library-anime/
i saw some example here : http://www.bypeople.com/_javascript_-animation-library-anime/

Hi Kirk!

On 06/30/2016 02:07 PM, Kirk Bridger wrote:
Feedback: I'm not sure why the Download button would be hidden.  The
logos don't really have any affordances for exposing actions on hover,
and there seems to be plenty of space for hints or even action buttons
(above, below, or on the right).  If you want to stick to a minimalist
approach, consider having a small hint of possible actions that, on
hover, expand to show more.  For example a small icon that, when hovered
or clicked, shows the full word "Download".

I worry that the Download, when hidden like this, isn't discover-able
enough.

Thank you!!! These are good points - I ended up in this rathole by trying to address this discussion:

https://twitter.com/nurhussein/status/746054636273016833

But yeh, this went off the rails a bit.

I think maybe what I should do is just have "More Info" and "Download Links" beside each other under each edition name / description without the animation... or maybe put a nice animation on the buttons on hover.

The tension I'm working with here:
- I don't want to drive ppl to download before they even know what it is that they're downloading, because I think that's just obnoxious.
- I don't want to hide the download link for people who know what they want and are already familiar with the options.

I think I played with having both buttons and it looked cluttered, but I'll keep pushing it and see if I can remedy that.

As for plunker itself, it is Open Source:
https://github.com/filearts/plunker_www   I'm using it because I don't
know of a better alternative.  I've just embraced sharing the edit link
rather than the run link.

Oh I know it's FLOSS, I just didn't think sharing a preview of the work would be so hard! I ended up doing plnkr.com/plunks/ and manually appending the hash of my plunk to the end, I guess if you could see it, then it worked??

~m