Re: design.next - FAD 2015

Hi William,

On 08/20/2014 01:34 PM, William Moreno wrote:
It could be really nice for Latam región is someone of the design team
come to Fudcon Latam, even we can run a FAD inside the Fudcon (or
hacking if you prefer). We have many ambassador and packager than want
to come to Fudcon Latam, but we are missing for someone of the desing team.

Someone will like to suport a Design Workshop in Fudcon Latam or a FAD?
It could be really cool in we can merge both in Fudcon so many people
will come asking about how to join the Fedora Project and Desing can be
a good start point.

I think if a designer in the LATAM region can make it, that's a good idea. I think though, to fly everyone to LATAM for this FAD would be too cost-prohibitive (and it would be difficult for folks like me and Ryan with babies at home - for example I can't leave home for more than 3 days right now without extra support and logistics because of my child care situation.)

Also, one of the key weaknesses the design team has right now that gnokii mentioned that we need to solve at that FAD is the best way to on-board new folks. I agree with you that a LATAM-based FAD would be a fantastic venue to recruit and on-board new contributors, but the problem is we don't currently have a good way to recruit and keep those contributors around on the design team and we need to figure that part out first. Otherwise, we'll get new recruits but won't have any way to manage them. :(

I hope this makes sense?

~m