Re: Fedora logo on the Details panel of the GNOME control center

On 04/05/2013 07:20 AM, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> I am sure there will be mistakes made also in the future of one kind or
> the other, but lets start giving each other the benefit of the doubt and
> respond to such mistakes based on an assumption that everyone involved
> wants to do the right thing and thus be happy to correct the error once
> pointed out in a friendly way.

It would be hard to assume anything but the best of intentions with the
placement of the logo in this specific situation.

But everyone else who uses the logo (t-shirts, posters, conference
flyers, books, etc.) is required to seek advisement with the logo
maintainers as to which logo to use and in what contexts the logo usage
is appropriate. This has been a Fedora policy for years. I am
questioning why this is not the case when the logo is used in Fedora
itself as well; the Fedora designers don't use rawhide or really any
pre-beta builds (the tools we rely on are too unstable for us to get our
jobs done with) so it was sheer chance that Ryan even noticed this
before it was too late.

~m