Re: Fedora Magazine logo ideas

Hi,

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:11:26 -0500
Pamela Chestek wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Máirín Duffy
> <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >

> > So I played around with this idea (which I like a lot) a bit, and
> > the results are E, F, and H. I am uncomfortable with F though -
> > after staring at it for a while, I think it looks like the Vicks
> > (the cold medicine people, I don't know if they are international
> > so this is what it looks like for non US folks:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicks ) logo. I tried it first at the
> > normal Fedora bubble rotation but it doesn't give you the feeling
> > of 'broadcasting' anymore, it just kinda looks like a cheesy late
> > 70's disco effect thing.

No matter how long I stare, I see nothing more than a *remotely similar*
shape. If you'd take what you mentioned as a sound argument against
usage, you'd probably end up with no logo at all, when all is said and
done. IMHO, that would be taking much more precaution than necessary.

> Overall I like F because it has the full logo and smaller icons,
> which I think would be useful. I like the concept of H and might like
> it the best if there was a sweet little colored icon for it too, but
> nothing is coming to mind for me. C is the closest tie to the Fedora
> Project since it uses the regular Fedora logo, so part of the
> decision is how closely related you want them to be. C might be
> awkward to use; because of the diagonal it might be hard to compose
> around without it looking like it's in the middle of a big field (but
> you would know better than me). It will also lose crispness if it's
> used in a small version as an icon - although maybe for the icon
> version you could take the word "magazine" off and reduce the size of
> the color bubble to make it smaller. And D is too busy for my taste.

Count me in the E/F camp, and by far (in fact I'd even say they're the
only variants I like *a lot*, the rest stir no special feelings in me).
The E/F logos and stylish, yet simple. They remind me a bit of a hot air
balloon. And I mostly agree with Pam.

Martin