Re: new to fedora

On Tue 20 Nov 2012 05:48:48 AM EST, tristan potopa wrote:
Hi, I´m Jane, I´ve just joined this mailing list and would like to
become a Fedora contributor. My skills: well I don´t have any
technical or computer education but in my previous job, about four
years ago, I started to work with graphic design programs, mostly
vector graphics, and I became very enthusiastic about it - I like it
:-). At present, I don´t do it professionally, just for friends and
friends´ friends, but it´s not occasional, it´s like one or two
artworks every week. So far I´ve been dealing mostly with things
designed for print and not for web (like brochures, catalogs, cd
covers, posters etc.) and I´d be happy to have more occasions to do
web design too. So what else is relevant to say ... I´ve been to some
web developing courses but that´s not what I could really do ... and
I´m a translator (English/Italian to Slovak) if that should be needed :-)
So if anyone could give me a clue of what contribution I could make,
I´m eager to hear it, thanks.
Jane
(Slovakia)

Welcome Jane!

We are currently in the process of designing the Posters, CD sleeves, and all the other collateral for the fedora 18 Release.

You could help out in making designs for the CD/DVD sleeve that we print out. I have created a ticket to track the production of the sleeves:
https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/252

I think you may need a fedora account to be able to comment and add to that ticket, so you will need to follow the steps on this page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team

By being here, and introducing yourself, you have already done #1 and #2! :)

By way of tools, we tend to use inkscape for vector, gimp for raster/photos and scribus for preparing for print. (all on Fedora :) )

also, feel free to jump into #fedora-design on IRC on freenode if you have any questions!

cheers,
ryanlerch