Re: Fedora audio spin update

On 09/29/2012 09:01 PM, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
On 17/09/12 12:53 AM, Brendan Jones wrote:
Hi all,

Anyway,  I've thrown together a simple background where I think the
blue contrasts nicely with the darkness of the caledonia theme. Here
are whole screenshots to give some context (the first one was me being
lazy with colorize giving the rings, but you get the idea). The wave
form is just an idea I have been playing around with. It will probably
go. Would love it if people could suggest some ideas or even submit
some backgrounds!

http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-desktop.png
http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-desktop2.png

kind regards,

Brendan

Hi Brendan,
My first impression is the wave is too visible and distracting. How
about making semi transparent or subtle?

Thanks for the feedback. I think you might be right there. I would like to do something to the wave that makes it less stark, but I'm not sure how. Maybe give it a neon feel somehow and drop the opacity like you said.

If anyone wants to have a go I have uploaded the xcf here[1]. I can try and generate some more aesthetically pleasing waveforms if required...

[1] http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-1920-1080.xcf

thanks

Brendan