Re: Fedora GRUB2 boot menu, from design perspective

On 2012-06-19 22:08, Dan Mashal wrote:
Personal opinion from a longtime fedora user:

1) Why do I have to go to a separate menu to choose a different
kernel? Granted, I don't often have to choose an older or custom
kernel but "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

You should have to go to a separate menu to choose a different kernel because as you yourself admitted you do not often have to choose an older or custom kernel. If they are always displayed when most of the time you don't need them, they are cluttering up the menu and making it harder for you to choose what you really want from a more manageable set of choices.

 2) It should just be "Fedora".

I hear your opinion on this. We could get guidance on the board from this if we can't decide.

3) I don't like the way the grub menu looks right now with or without the theme. I like the old text non ubuntu/debian looking grub menu but
that's just the oldskool person in me talking.

Again, your personal opinion is noted. If oldskool is your interest though, it might be better to either go with a more oldskool distro or install an oldskool looking theme if that is your preference.

~m