[Design-team] Image Annotation App - more ideas

Hi folks,

So Emichan and Jef have been working on this image annotation app that
Kirk and I have been using to work on the RPG mockup:

http://jefvanschendel.nl/ImageAnnotation/index.php?i=Fedora_RPG_Startpage_Mockup_1

(source & git repo here: http://gitorious.org/remote-image-annotation)

Out of the process of using it Kirk pointed out some ideas for moving
the app forward and I had a few ideas too, so I thought it might be
worth breaking out another new thread on the annotation app.

Here's the ideas so far:

1) Can we put an "Add Note" button at the top of the page too?  (If you
have a large image like a mockup you have to scroll down then back up to
add a note and it's a bit awkward.)

2) Could we also increase the default size of the box for the
annotation? Or maybe introduce resizeable edges like the gimp's, with a
larger drag target? (It's a little tough to resize and it currently is
almost always too small to leave alone.)

3) It would be really nice if there was a way to etherpad-style enter in
your name and have your comments color-coded and labeled as your
comments. Right now Kirk and I have been leaving our name in parentheses
after our comments.

4) Similarly it would be nice if comment blocks had timestamps.

5) It would be fantastic if there was a button you could hit, 'export
comments' and it would give you a page that is a flat list of all
comments, maybe numbered where each annotation box is a number. You
could then use that as a checklist for working on a mockup.

6) Maybe adding the ability to title each note would make sense to help
with idea #5, then it could print out a title for each set of comments.

~m