Re: [Design-team] Fedora 15 GNOME Default Wallpaper

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 2:32 PM, twohot <twohot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No. One default can be better than another.  Even if you take a
> subjective approach and take a poll.  You'll get a clear winner ...
> subjective as the result may appear, you have a more acceptable art.
> It is important to provide a generally accepted winner than a winner
> accepted by a few.

I think the point is that the Fedora background and the Gnome one are
both likely to be technically excellent backgrounds. Users would get
along fine with either. A choice is more likely to be made on
religious grounds and any poll you take will be heavily influenced by
the opinions of the people polled.

If a user choice is really such a horrible UI then someone will have
to decide on a default. The person responsible will risk alienating
some people. The 'losers' will have to swallow their pride and we can
all move on to something that users will actually care about.

> Of COurse! I am using gnome-shell and I see the wallpaper all the
> time.  Maybe you should preview Gnome3 first

I've been using Gnome shell since I first noticed I could, and I love
it. I know it's not perfect. I know not everyone loves it but I am
really looking forward to it being the default :) If it ships then I
will be stunned to hear reviews along the lines of "It has Gnome shell
which is so different to the old desktop in so many ways but the thing
that really bugged me was this wallpaper" :)

-Cam