Re: [Design-team] f12 wallpaper

On Monday 14 September 2009 14:30:28 Máirín Duffy wrote:> On 09/14/2009 07:43 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:> > Maybe try some ideas by Nicu like blurring furthest squares. But please> > stay with this design as I've already prepared our KDE splash screen [1],> > KDM theme [2], matching this background and soon there's Splash screens> > deadline and there's still lot of work on F12. I'm not saying not to work> > on it, but please no bug changes - like going with completely different> > wallpaper ;-) It's still not final but...> > FWIW I don't think anyone is proposing a very drastic change here like a> change in concept, palette, style, etc. It does not appear to be a> difficult prospect to swap in one of the wallpapers under consideration> for the other in your designs; your integration of the wallpaper is> visually just adding it as a backdrop.>> I don't know if you have seen María's more recent version of the tiles> wallpaper, but the two wallpapers are similar in design (one is a> simpler and more regular rendering of tiles, the other is a more complex> and less regular tiles rendering) and they share a palette and concept.> If we decide to go with a different version of the mosaic tiles> wallpaper at this point in the schedule, I don't think it would be as> disruptive as you seem to think it would be.
Then it's OK for me ;-) I don't like to see complete change, I saw just very first mosaic tiles mockup, it should go together once finished.
Still I think finally we have best artwork from all distributions around and finally I've inclined to be more Fedora than upstream as we were talking some time ago (that does not mean that upstream artwork sucks! It's nice but it misses Fedora feeling...).
-- Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik@xxxxxxxxxx>Associate Software Engineer - Base Operating Systems Brno