Re: [Design-team] f12 wallpaper

On 09/14/2009 07:43 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:> Maybe try some ideas by Nicu like blurring furthest squares. But please stay> with this design as I've already prepared our KDE splash screen [1], KDM theme> [2], matching this background and soon there's Splash screens deadline and> there's still lot of work on F12. I'm not saying not to work on it, but please> no bug changes - like going with completely different wallpaper ;-) It's still> not final but...
FWIW I don't think anyone is proposing a very drastic change here like a change in concept, palette, style, etc. It does not appear to be a difficult prospect to swap in one of the wallpapers under consideration for the other in your designs; your integration of the wallpaper is visually just adding it as a backdrop.
I don't know if you have seen María's more recent version of the tiles wallpaper, but the two wallpapers are similar in design (one is a simpler and more regular rendering of tiles, the other is a more complex and less regular tiles rendering) and they share a palette and concept. If we decide to go with a different version of the mosaic tiles wallpaper at this point in the schedule, I don't think it would be as disruptive as you seem to think it would be.