Re: [Design-team] Wallpaper proposal: mosaic glow

Em 29-07-2009 03:44, Nicu Buculei escreveu:> On 07/28/2009 09:04 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:>> Rodrigo, it isn't necessary to base a theme on a physical object to>> create a visual identity. For example, there are many brands out there>> that have strong visual identities that are based on abstract designs>> and/or patterns. For example, 37signals has a very distinctive and>> recognizable brand identity, but it's not focused on a lion, a chia pet,>> an airplane, or an umbrella. Same goes for Starbucks (very strong visual>> identity that uses a lot of abstracted folk art), Adidas (their main>> visual identity is based on three abstract stripes), JetBlue (very>> distinctive brand identify involving analogous shades of blue and violet>> in various vector-based patterns) etc. etc. etc. I really could go on,>> but let's not.>> One word: Nike. That one is really a textbook example regarding logo and> identity design - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swoosh>

We are not talking about the logo. The Fedora logo and the message subliminal in the logo is perfect.
The question here is to add something in the wallpaper to create a relation between the Release Name and the desktop visual identity.
I think we need to create a better wallpaper than created for Fedora 11.
The original wallpaper proposed by Samuele was great, but without the Lion the wallpaper is very simple.
We have great proposals by Jayme and Samuele [1], for Fedora 12 we can do better than Fedora 11 working in these great ideas, I guess!
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F12_Artwork#Concepts.2C_WIP_Designs
--
Rodrigo Padula de OliveiraM.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJFedora Community Manager - Latin AmericaRed Hat Community and Academy Relationshttp://www.proyectofedora.orghttp://twitter.com/rodrigopadulahttp://www.rodrigopadula.com