Re: Help out with the f11 wallpaper?

Michael Beckwith wrote:
I think it'd be cool, at the details stage, if we could perhaps have some light cast in between some of the columns, and perhaps change the angle as time goes by.

Unfortunately, we are in GIMP, doing 2D raster operations... what you say would be relatively easy to do in 3D graphics, but not so in our case: casting light will create shadows, changing the light angle will change the size and direction of the shadows... I have no idea how to do this in 2D.

Also look at the columns: they have a lighted side and a shadowed side. The light direction and intensity is pretty much fixed, otherwise we are going dangerously close to http://photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com/