Re: Echo for F10? [was: Re: [Echo] One Canvas workflow + making commits easier]

Andreas Nilsson wrote:
Martin Sourada wrote:
On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 15:46 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
What about the percentage of coverage you're going to see on a fresh Fedora install, in all apps etc?
That would not be so easy to count... Even for gnome menus its a lot of
work...

Is the number higher than the current default style?
Echo is worse in case of coverage percentage than Mist+Gnome, that we
know most certainly. But the current default does not cover everything
either. Therefore I wonder where we should focus our efforts with
coverage - just follow gnome+mist and do the same you did there, or
rather focus on the pieces that are missing in gnome+mist (like we are
doing now when we try to improve the coverage of gnome menus). I
personally think gnome+mist icon themes can coexist pretty good with
Echo though final state would be that we wouldn't need those two as Echo
fallback themes.
Hi Martin!
My concern was mainly that if the new set don't do a better job with coverage than the old one, I would consider it a regression.
- Andreas
Ugh, reading this again I make it sound all snobbish or something.
What I meant was that a consistent system is a beautiful system in the way that people can actually forget about the icon looks all together and focus on their function. Therefore, if you think Echo is the way forward, it might be better to wait a little while longer until things are in a more release-ready state.
- Andreas