Re: Hi from Paolo

Paolo Leoni wrote:
Hi Fedora Art Group,
my name's Paolo Leoni (username: Deepsky), I'm from Italy and I would
want to contribute to the growth of Fedora.
I'm studying Physics at University, apart Physics,
my interests are Computer Science, Astronomy,Cinema and Music (I play
the guitar). Moreover, I practice Aikido martial art at the Sakura
Aikido dojo (http://sakuraaikido.altervista.org), where I'm the
webmaster of the site.

Hi Paolo and welcome!

At the moment I'm subscibed to the Fedora Artwork group.
My knowledges are pretty limited about design,
I've basic knowledges about Inkscape and medium knowledges about GIMP,
but in case of need, I'll learn the necessary things.
I can do basic translations from Italian to English and vice-versa.
My very first contribution was the Italian translation of "Fedora 9
countdown".

Thanks for that!

I propose to you a little promotional poster/image about Fedora, I've
used GIMP in order to modify the photo and Inkscape to add some text.

You can find it here:

http://pleoni.altervista.org/fedora_cat_flyer_deepsky.png
http://pleoni.altervista.org/fedora_cat_flyer_deepsky.svg

Please remember that it's my first production :-)

While from a graphic point of view it is interesting and I notice you used the correct font face, I can see two shortcomings: - "think freely" is NOT the Fedora slogan, in fact we are trying to come with posters for the new concept: 4-F (freedom-friends-features-first); - without doubt, cats rules and I own a cat myself (well, not sure "own" is the best term and who owns who, but I digress...) but I don't get the metaphor here, is that we should act like cats and consider ourselves with no master? Not sure that is a very good metaphor.