Re: Music and sound effects

Chris Norman wrote:
Hi All,

Hi Chris,

I am a visually impared musician who wants to help with the fedora
project.

If anyone needs music or sound effects, voice clips or the like for any
project, please feel free to email me.

Glad to have you here! Most of us are skilled with using graphic application and less with creating sounds and I think Fedora (and the Linux desktop in general) could really use a good sound events theme, something rivalling the other desktop operating systems.

Please don't ask me to test programs, becuase not all of the programs
included with Fedora are accessible for the blind, and in most cases I
probably won't have time, but if I can be of any assistance, please let
me know.

Personally I don't know much about this, but he have on list a few "desktop" people who should know more, in my understanding Fedora 10 should contain libcanberra, a sound event library implementing the XDG sound theming/naming specs.
I am absolutely sure we can use some better sound files for this library.