Re: Art list Artists... Greetings

Jonathan Francis wrote:
Hello all, I'm Jon, artist I guess, hehe.

Hi!

hmmm forget Windows I want to try Fedora. The reason for this long email is one, I do art as well, and would really like to get involved with anything I can with all of you. and 2, I am

Or maybe the Echo icon theme: https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/

running a hp 32 bit computer and am in the process of downloading the 6 discs of Fedora to install on my laptop, and Have no clue as to where to burn the 2 files, "Fedora-9-i386-netinst.iso <http://fedora.secsup.org/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-9-i386-netinst.iso>" and "SHA1SUM <http://fedora.secsup.org/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i386/iso/SHA1SUM>" I can burn the ISO's to the 6 discs but I couldn't find anywhere in the step by step directions on what to do with these 2 files. Maybe I'm Dumb?

The best place to ask questions about usage is the users list, but since you question is simple here we go: - SHA1SUM is a text file displaying a control sum which allows you to verify the integrity of your downloaded files; - netinst is a special king of CD, you can use it on two purpose: for recovery boot when your Fedora system won't boot by itself and for performing a net install - boot from it and the installer will download all the needed packages, without a need for the other CDs.

At this point I can't even get into Windows, I no long have windows on my laptop so I am starting from scratch booting the CDs from my laptops CD drive. Also I need help partitioning my computer for Fedora. Anyone willing to let me pay them for step by step help? I am humbled to my bones and thank for for all your valuable time, even if you don't get back to me.

The art list is *really* not the place for such king of inquiry, have a look at http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f9/en_US/ And particularly the part about partitioning http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f9/en_US/ch-disk-partitioning.html

Of course the default option proposed by the installer will work, but if you want more info that guide should be useful.