Re: F10 artwork schedule - time to close proposals?

Ian Weller wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Máirín Duffy wrote:

We've an overwhelming number of proposals for F10 now. Should we close
new proposals for F10 so we don't have our focus spread across too many
ideas?

Give everyone another week. Some people may be working on proposals
right now.

Good idea! Is everyone okay with closing it on July 21st?

Also, we should probably go through the proposals missing the
requirements and remind the proposers to fully fill them out or pull them.

A matrix on the wiki page might help. It also might help to have a wiki
page with the requirements for each stage, with examples from previous
releases' successful themes. Maybe I can talk with you tomorrow about
what exactly the requirements are and I can compile the pages...

We do have a page with the requirements; they have been the same since F7:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes#How_to_Play

Basically:
- have a good *concept*
- create a wiki page with:
  - a theme name
- initial sketches (at least one is what we usually say, and they can be examples or references to other artwork)
  - an explanation of the concept and how it relates to Fedora
  - the proposer must have a signed CLA

Having examples of good ones from previous versions of Fedora would be awesome! :)

~m