Re: Name status

Paul W. Frields wrote:
I know that the Artwork team really wanted to unify the theme against
the name, which is one reason we are trying to have it settled much
earlier this cycle.  (And we can try for even earlier next cycle, to be
fair.)

What I don't want is for anyone to lose sight of the fact that the work
the Artwork team has done for several releases now has been uniformly
great, regardless of the code name of the release.  And it's all been
done in an open, transparent fashion, powered by community ideas and
purely FOSS tools.

Having said all that, what are the Artwork team members' feelings about
this?

I'm disappointed just because I think we were all eager to get to work and we had some names (steampunk, neon, etc) that I think we generally liked and started mocking up. That neither of them made it through the process is disappointing since I at least had some investment in them.

However, I don't think this is anything that couldn't be remedied by having the name available earlier.

~m