Re: 3D Art was Re: Nodoka suggestions for Fedora 10

Frank Murphy wrote:
On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 16:08 +0000, María Leandro wrote:
I would love to see some more eyecandy in this next release of Fedora,
something more graphicall. i think either on version 6 or 7 we had
something like that.

What do you thing of something like this:

http://www.3d-fantasyart.net/fantasy/secret_valley.jpg

That picture would have been made with Bryce, and possible Poser\Daz|studio for the "Horses". Trees probably from Bryce tree lab or imported from X-Frog.

Nice background material, and time consuming to create,
using repo apps. But give me the time.

Using closed,  you could have it in an hour or two.
But that is not the road to take.
At the moment, have not come across any f\oss,
quadrupeds. So modelling is required.
Anatomically correct horse, would take time.
Trees another problem.

But I do agree 3d is nice -eye-candy,
maybe for an extras package.

And I will personally start using Blender to that aim.
In the interim 3d should maybe be kept light (time-wise).

There are quite a few free models for Blender out there. Mancandy is one notable one: http://www.blendernation.com/2007/10/18/mancandy-officially-released/

More here:

http://e2-productions.com/repository/index.php

If you google around you will find lots.

~m