Re: Link for official F9 theme proposal

Michael Beckwith wrote:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes/Freedom

Interesting. I am curious how this would look in full color. Do you plan for strong, full saturated colors?

Enjoy. I'll post more sketches of ideas later.

You should avoid the "Freedom" text or *any* other text. It does not work in our multilingual settings, I believe we have a guideline somewhere saying the wallpaper should not include any text. You may want to replace such text with an icon, but I feel the broken chain has the potential to work well enough as an icon.

Another thing to consider in an multi-cultural context like ours: in some cultures hand gestures have completely different meanings that you are used to (and may be offensive: one finger, two fingers, the open pal, the fist, etc.).