Re: Do we need another Echo?

Martin Sourada wrote:
What's wrong with isometric icons? That's one of the things I really
miss in tango. I think we should continue with the Echo effort, but it
would be perhaps good to base them more on tango - i.e. use our styling
and perspective, but mostly tango or gnome shapes. The echo icons are
great so far, I even heard an opinion that they are better then oxygen
icons, they have touch of Fedora and there would me many people
disappointed if we stopped the effort.
Hi Martin!
Another possibility would be to do it the other way around, using Echo shapes (isometric and stuff) and your own metaphors for save-as etc., but use the tango styling. That would give you the benefit of not having to redo everything in every application on the desktop, as it would fit in with what's already there, but still have control over your base set.
Just a idea. Keep up the good work!
- Andreas