J5 suggestion for Echo icons theme

John (J5) Palmieri has wrote an excellent suggestion for Echo team:

"I should most likely bring this up on the list but as I have little time these days (total copout :) -

Full color icons bellow 32x32 never look good and almost triple the amount of work an artist needs to do instead of creating beautiful icons at higher resolutions. Working with two toned OLPC icons I can say simple icons look great at low resolution and often can mix with any theme as long as the shapes are similar. What I suggest is to explore doing black and white or gray scale for smaller icons and use the full color icons where they would have the most impact. This would of course necessitate coordinating with the desktop team so that larger icons are used more often so that the desktop does not look drab but I think it has a twofold advantage. First correct use of sharp black and white icons make the desktop look cleaner and less cluttered and second, in the long run it makes the work artists have to do much less. In fact if all they had to do was create high quality icons in order to make a nice looking theme there would be many more themes to choose from which looked complete.

Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work. (BTW look at MacOS X for good use of B/W icons
"

http://thefinalzone.blogspot.com/2007/08/summary-of-echo-icon-theme-report-on.html#comment-9152793671709311277
--
™¢D0<Š