Re: Fedora 7 CD Labels & Covers

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
Okay, so here's my first cut at an attempt, using a CD/DVD template from [1]:

http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/f7/printwork/fc7-cddesign_preview.png

Source is here, which includes the aforementioned balloons + clouds artwork:

http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/f7/printwork/cd-label_fedora-7.svg

Ops! I caught you... :p The embedded bitmap is watermarked :D

The fonts used (besides the logo of course) are all Liberation Sans with some Inkscape-rounded-stroke trickery.

I know I am nitpicking and Bitstream Vera fonts are free, but you used Libertine on the banner and Bistream Vera on the CD (and yes, one can see thisonly looking at the source).

What do y'all think, is this the right direction? Anyone want to grab the source file and have at it?

Ignore my whining above, I like your design very much. Just consider the legal disclaimer will be much longer, probably 4 rows (based on the previous designs).

And how about using white for the "Live CD x86" text? I find that more readable on the dark background.