Fedora 7 CD Labels & Covers

Hey folks!

So it's that time again! :)

We need artwork for the Fedora 7 CD labels and covers!:

1) Spin name: The official spins that will be released are (1) Live CD (2) Fedora (workstation/core basically) (3) Everything. So we'll need labels for each of those if possible - and, it would be cool to also have a set of labels that has a blank white (or light-colored) space so folks building their own custom spins can easily use the labels for whatever they want to call their spin.

2) Arches: we should have labels/covers for x86 and x86_64.

3) Source artwork: we should of course make the svgs available so if they wanted it printed out in the font they could do that also. We should also use an open font (like the new liberation fonts) for the spin label.

We can start with the designs available at the bottom of http://people.redhat.com/dfong/fc7graphics/ for a start, but these have too many colors and will be too expensive to print, so if we choose to go with them they'll need modification.

I'm going to try to come up with a basic SVG template and send it out tonight, but if you have any ideas / concepts / artwork / mockups please send them!

It would be awesome (i know short notice sorry!!) if we could have a good idea of the design by Sunday.

In case it's helpful, this is a screenshot of the firefox startpage design i threw together: http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/web/homepage/screenshot.png

The artwork in the upper left is:

http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/web/homepage/clouds.png

And the SVG for it is on my system at home so I will send that out tonight if anybody thinks it might be helpful.

Thanks!
~m