Re: Testing out the theme

Máirín Duffy wrote:

I wonder if a script exists to parse through the broken Illustrator SVG and take out all the extra crud?

Nicu, what process do you follow to clean it up? What nodes have to be deleted?

What I did was completely unautomated: open the file, select all, copy, paste in a new document and save. This usually reduce the size of a file originated from Illustrator by 8-9 times.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2006-August/msg00013.html

As Any said, is to delete in a scripted way anything inside CDATA, but I would go for anything inside <i:pgf id="adobe_illustrator_pgf">...</i:pgf> (a little larger than CDATA)

Also, I see inside the files made by Diana a binary portion in a rdf delimited by <xapGImg:image>...</xapGImg:image>, which can be safely deleted (delete all the respective rdf).

Deleting these two portions of binary data (yeah, I am lame, deleted manually with gedit) resulted in a file size reduction for image-missingL.svg from 469.6KB to 8.0KB!!! - http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/image-missingL.svg (but this was a very simple image)

--
nicu