Re: Testing out the theme

Hi Leon...

I'm currently using Illustrator to create the icons and when I save as .svg, some characteristics don't seem to carry over when opened in Inkscape. Mostly it's the blending options that do not translate well. Example: I've found with the icons that have "paper file" images in them is that one of the layer did not adopt the "Multiply" Blending option I gave it and so instead of letting the image behind that layer show through, the gradient is to a solid white. Inkscape, on the other hand has the ability to gradient to transparency and so by setting the white to transparent (and tweaking the middle grays) it will look more like the .png.
I'll fix the Utillities-terminalL.svg icon.

Diana

Leon wrote:
I have created a script to build echo icon theme from a dir populated
by J5's script. And I found out some icons are different in .png and
.svg. For an incomplete list:

edit-copy
format-indent-less
format-indent-more
format-justify-center
format-justify-fill
format-justify-left
format-justify-right
utilities-terminal
font-x-generic
image-x-generic
text-x-generic-template
text-x-generic
x-office-document

Another issue is: the svg icons do not have consistent aspect and
dimension. For example: utilities-terminalL.svg is 443.79 x 166.59 as
in inkscape.

The script is attached. It will use echo_art under current dir as
source icon dir and Echo as destination dir. The index.theme is from
Tango Icon theme. Put it in Echo dir to make the theme usable.