Re: Preview of new scaled down icons (was Re: New Icon Set...[echo]...)

Diana Fong wrote:
My feedback on the matter is...24x24 should remain in perspective, 16x16 definitely simplified and "flat". However there are also 18 and 22 sizes...22 are usually used in the panel area. In the attached mockup are also a few 22x22 icons on the upper right area of the panel. Dunno...I think they look ok as well. Maybe the break down point is then at 18?

I don't know, in the attached screenshot they look muddy/blurry to me. The edges of the clapper in the sound/video icon, for example, seems to disappear into the background. Put the two side-by-side and squint. The isometric 24x24 icons disappear into the background while the straight-on ones hold their own. If I have time I'll run that low-vision simulation function on the two side-by-side.

Also, was any bitmap cleaning up done on these? The vector files should be modified to produce bitmap results like this.

Is this a mockup or screenshot?

~m