Re: Official Fedora CD/DVD Art?

Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
On Sunday 09 April 2006 17:26, Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, I recommend not having a open vote.... I've been burned by this in
the past - it's a pain to control for cheating (which unfortunately
happens), and in the end, 'design by open committee' tends to be a lot
lower quality than 'design by a knowledgable few'

Being involved in some community votes for graphics in various projects, I agree with this: open vote is not a good idea. IMO, cheating is not the main problem, the problem is voters usually does not have the knowledge to make a good choice.

We can discuss how wide we want to open the process. We will need to have a reasonable scope to cover all interests. In addition to the Artwork team, we should at least include the Distribution team and a small selection from the Marketing team. Having the Artwork team select the nominees will make the vote a lot less painful, but closing the vote to just the Artwork team may leave us with a selection that nobody wants to use.

It is a good solution.

The opposite could be also used: the Artwork team select a few and from those public vote select one.

But I still think this can be decide just inside the Artwork team.

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats/