Re: Official Fedora CD/DVD Art?

Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
The CDArt page contains community submissions. They have not been deemed official by anyone. There are actually quite a few different ideas floating around that have been created due to the "official" artwork not being available. I think a goal of the Artwork team should be the collection of the different ideas and nomination of a select few to be the official piece. Those nominees could then be opened for review and voted upon.

From an earlier thread about this on :

'The Distribution page of the wiki says "There is no standard regarding the preparation of media or packaging." '

Can we actually have 'official' CD art then? Or just 'official' suggestions??

Also, I recommend not having a open vote.... I've been burned by this in the past - it's a pain to control for cheating (which unfortunately happens), and in the end, 'design by open committee' tends to be a lot lower quality than 'design by a knowledgable few'

I think a Fedora brand book is being worked on? Something like that would make this sort of thing easier...

~m