On being part of the Fedora community

Hi everyone. As I am sure you know, I often say that the “Friends”
value of the Fedora Foundations is the one that’s personally most
important to me. I want to remind everyone that when you are a
Fedora contributor — a developer, a writer, an advocate, or any
other role in our community — it’s important to keep the spirit of
“be excellent to each other” in mind.

Our Code of Conduct [1] says: “members of the Fedora community should be
respectful when dealing with other contributors as well as with
people outside the Fedora community and with users of Fedora.”
Please be extra-aware of how your actions even outside of our
mailing lists, forums, and channels reflect upon Fedora as a whole.

We just adopted a new vision statement [2]:

   The Fedora Project envisions a world where everyone benefits
   from free and open source software built by inclusive,
   welcoming, and open-minded communities.

We are continually working to make Fedora an inclusive place where
all are welcome. I wish it did not need to be said, but here it is:
personal attacks, innuendo, and inciting language are examples of
things that do not create a welcoming community, and will not be
tolerated in Fedora. We understand that even friends can disagree
at times, and that emotions can lead to escalation. The Code of
Conduct ticket queue is a safe place where folks can open up an
issue to resolve difficult situations. Please make use of it if you
ever feel it is warranted.

As I mentioned in my recent message on the Fedora Magazine [3],
these are uncertain times in the face of Covid-19. It is more
important than ever that we care for and treat each other well, as
we are on the internet working virtually more than ever. On a final
note- I am sending more well wishes for the health and safety of
our Fedora family. Remember to be excellent to each other. Thanks!

       -- Matthew Miller, Fedora Project Leader

[1] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
[2] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/#_our_vision
[3] https://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-community-and-the-covid-19-crisis/

--