Elections: Notice of change in voting period and correction of eligibility for the Board election.

Hi folks,

Wanted to make you aware of a situation that was discovered last night
and responded to this morning.

A number of people caught an issue in the eligibility configuration
for voters in the Board Election. Per the Board's Succession
Planning[1] document this election is open to any person in the Fedora
Accounts System who has completed the CLA. I mistakenly configured
this election for CLA+1 which means that in addition to completing the
CLA a person would have to be a member of an additional group. Members
of the infrastructure team noted this and created a ticket in the
Board's trac system late last night (no link as it's not visible to
non-board members). That mis-configuration has now been corrected, and
to ensure that we have not unduly disenfranchised any potential
voters, the Board election period only has been extended by 24 hours
from 08 June 23:59:59  to 09 June 23:59:59. Please note that the
election period for the FESCo election remains unchanged.

I apologize for mis-configuring the election app, and thank the
vigilant members of our community and infrastructure team who caught
the issue so early in the process and helped to correct the problem in
a timely manner.

[1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/SuccessionPlanning

Thanks,

David Nalley