Re: [long] major problems on fs; e2fsck running out of memory

* Keith Keller <kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hat geschrieben:

> Is there any value in discussing this issue in keeping this broken
> filesystem available for debugging purposes?

I don't believe so. I have my own broken fs here (totally different story
- and I knew, I couldn't trust neither the kernel nor e2fsck - so I used
dm-cow for all testing).

> I would like at this point
> to destroy the filesystem and start my restores, but if it'd be helpful
> to try to get information from the existing fs I can keep it around a
> while longer.  (I do still have whatever fsck logs that I saved, and can
> make them available whether I destroy the fs or not.)

If you want to keep the important fs structures, run e2image. No need to
keep the entire file system.

But since Ted didn't respond, I assume, there is no need to do even that.

Regards, Bodo