ext3-fs error (bad entry in directory)

Hello everybody,

we have a bit of a strange problem with our ext3 partition here. We have a
lot of the following errors occuring in dmesg:

Dec 16 02:09:06 hestia kernel: [1594272.845672] EXT3-fs error (device dm-2): ext3_readdir: bad entry in directory #17083: rec_len % 4 != 0 - offset=0, inode=76, rec_len=5121, name_len=2

Mount options are

/dev/mapper/hestia-home on /srv/samba/homes type ext3 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime,usrquota,grpquota)

We already did a complete test to the hard drives and they seem to be
fine. e2fsck also doesn't fix the problem. Currently we suspect the
controller, but that's pure speculation and otherwise the machine is running
quitely.

Sometimes the corresponding partitions is automatically remounted read-only,
which is quite a hazzle.

The message is always exactly the same. Somebody have a clue as to what is
going on here? And an easier question: How do I find out which directory is
#17083?

		Markus Oehme

PS: Please Cc me, since I'm not on the list.

--
Aoccdrnig to a threoy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod
are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the