Re: Re: ext3 and the system date/time

>>> Inodes that were part of a corrupted orphan linked list found.
>
> Is this reproducible? (I shall try this myself, but not right now)

Yes, but not with a single step. Here are the steps I follow.
-set system date time to Jan 1 1970 00:00.00
-create the ext3 file system (mke2fs -j )
-mount
-modify - for example create/modify/delete 20-50 files and directories.
-set system date to Jan 1 2000
- umount and run e2fsck -p - message like: "X days passed without check, check forced" is displayed
- mount
- set system date and time to current date and time
- umount, e2fsck -p , mount. Normally this check completes Ok.
- from here setting date to 2029 or back to 1970 triggers the error.

I noticed that if I do "tune2fs -i 0 " immediately after format the error is gone.
However, if I receive the error, and then do "tune2fs -i 0" the error does not go away. What is the reason for that?
Should not "tune2fs -i 0" disable the time stamp checks?

Thanks,

DG.