Re: [BULK] - Re: unexpected dirty buffer

Nicolas Kowalski wrote:
Nicolas Kowalski <Nicolas.Kowalski@xxxxxxx> writes:

"Phil White" <ext3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Interesting...

Indeed.

You might try remounting /var with data=ordered and see if the problem
goes away.  I'm guessing it will.

Ok, I will switch this server back to default journalling, and check if these errors disappear after that.

The server is up since 3 days, with the /var partition mounted with
default journalling mode, and I have no errors.

I will try to reproduce these errors on a non-production server now.

Beautiful.

It might be good if you put a stack_dump() call just after the printk() call in the ext3 source.

Mike