Re: [BULK] - Re: unexpected dirty buffer

Nicolas,

Is this partition mounted with data=journal? I get the same errors consistently whenever I use data=journal. In my case, it seems to be a bug with certain data access patterns (I have an application that makes heavy use of mmap'ed IO and can trigger these errors once a minute, followed by a kernel panic not long thereafter). Until this bug is fixed, I am using data=ordered (the default), which produces zero errors.

--Phil

Nicolas Kowalski wrote:

Nicolas Kowalski <Nicolas.Kowalski@xxxxxxx> writes:

Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Nicolas.Kowalski@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hello.
On a server running 2.4.25, I have the two following errors in the
kernel logfile:
Unexpected dirty buffer encountered at do_get_write_access:618
(08:11 blocknr 920707)
Unexpected dirty buffer encountered at do_get_write_access:618 (08:11 blocknr 920707)

Did you run fsck?

Not yes. It is planned for next reboot (touch /forcefsck), which will
happen next monday.

fsck went fine, reporting nothing wrong.

If these errors come back again, what can I do to provide you more
information ?

Thanks.