Re: [BULK] - Re: unexpected dirty buffer

Phil White wrote:
Interesting...

You might try remounting /var with data=ordered and see if the problem
goes away.  I'm guessing it will.

I would actually recommend doing this, as I experienced regular crashes
with data=journal under heavy load in our test lab.  Under moderate load,
I only saw the "Unexpected dirty buffer..." messages, but when I really
cranked up the load (45 emails per second through postfix + spam filter,
2000 mysql queries per second on a 1GB table, syslogging maillog to disk),
I was getting kernel panics, 100% reproducible within a few minutes of
testing.  Because of these problems, I'm sticking to data=ordered for
production, even though I want data-journaling. :)

Please post those traces to the list so the developers can fix this.