Re: Getting ext3 up and running

edit /etc/fstab and change all occurences of ext2 to ext3 and then reboot

David Baron wrote:

I have a Debian system from a Knoppix distribution. I started out with ext2 but decided to change to ext3.

tune2fs -j OK.

However the system boots with a warning ....ext3 mounted as ext2.
proc/mounts confirms this and no journal is running.

So I have to make an initrd. Did so using instructions in the Debian Reference and this did not change anything. Any attempt to use the img produced was a kernel boot panic. Also, this intrd image is very large and cannot be used as an image on the boot menu.

What must I do?