Re: ext3 on RAID1 gains very little?

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 21:09, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> I have a software RAID1 underlying the ext3 filesystem on my laptop.
>
> This was using xfs, which took advantage of the mirroring very well, but
> that didn't leave me feeling very comfortable about the reliability of
> the system; no fsck was not a nice feeling.

I think you may be misunderstanding something about how XFS works.
"fsck" doesn't do anything on XFS volumes because its journaling layer handles
filesystem integrity checks at startup.

However, if you still want/need to manually repair an XFS filesystem you can use the
"xfsrepair" tool, which has been around a long time and works very well.