Re: ext3 2.4.21 htree tests

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:11:52AM -0600, kwijibo@zianet.com wrote:
> >Note that for safe NFS use of htree you should have the htree NFS
> >patches from tytso applied.  This avoids bad behaviour (e.g. duplicate
> >directory entries) if one process is reading from the directory at
> >exactly the same time another one is updating it.
> >

> Now that I think about it I thought these fixes were in the latest
> patch.  Am I wrong in this assumption?

They are the 2.5 tree.

For the 2.4 tree, use the ext2/3 patches found here:

http://thunk.org/tytso/linux/extfs-2.4-update/extfs-update-2.4.21rc8
http://thunk.org/tytso/linux/extfs-2.4-update/broken-out-2.4.21rc8/

These should apply to 2.4.21final as well, since there were no changes
between rc8 and 2.4.21-final.

					- Ted