Re: ext3 2.4.21 htree tests

Andreas Dilger wrote:

On Jun 18, 2003 09:55 -0600, kwijibo@zianet.com wrote:

I am seeing about a 10 percent improvement with htree and
these are without any further tweaking which I hope to improve
a bit more. I am real curious to see how it performs over NFS
which is in my queue of tests I want to run.

Note that for safe NFS use of htree you should have the htree NFS patches from tytso applied. This avoids bad behaviour (e.g. duplicate directory entries) if one process is reading from the directory at exactly the same time another one is updating it.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger

Now that I think about it I thought these fixes were in the latest
patch.  Am I wrong in this assumption?

Steve