Re: Ext3 File corruption question.

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 10:34:27AM -0400, Richard Kleeman wrote:
> (dev/sdb1) had badblocks. I reinstalled without checking for badblocks
> and the system refused to boot (again failing at the apm line). I left
> it overnight and this morning it decided to boot. Is this likely a
> hardware or software issue and if it is the latter is there a heavy duty
> disc scrubber to ensure a fresh RH install? Any help much appreciated!!

The fact that you've had a long perioud of non-use that led to the system
working again leads me to believe that it may have something to do with
the internal temperature of the box. Have you tried checking that when
this next happens? Find out the temp and maybe check the specs of your
hardware to find out the tolerance levels. Try doing the same thing with
the case open and a normal (for humans) fan blowing into it and see if
it still happens. Check to see if the HDs have adequate airspace around
them. etc.

--
Martin's distress was in contrast to the bitter satisfaction of some
of his fellow marines as they surveyed the scene. "The Iraqis are sick