Re: ext3 and data=journal bug

Andrew,

Actually no I havn't had much experience with larger journals.  I've basically
only been testing for the past few days, and hadn't gotten that far yet.

Would you say that for this type of application a journal size of about 200MB
would be appropriate for partitions that are heavily written to?  Would this
need to be greater than 200 in any case?  Currently we're only using dual
18GB SCSI drives in most machines.

One of my other main concerns is quotas.  I hear ext3+quota = deadlocks in
alot of cases.  Luckily I havn't seen any as of yet.  I'm hoping that I don't
see any at all.  I'm assuming that using the data=journal mode is beneficial
to quotas on a server as well.

Thanks again for your input.

-Mark