writeback on /tmp and laptop?

Hello,

I read some threads (some of them not very recent, and perhaps not up to date) and I have not found a clear answer to these:

Is it advisable to have /tmp set up with data=writeback option in general?
Is it again true if we are considering a laptop?
Do I have also to consider writecache of disks in this case or are they totally non related?
How to check/set the state of writecache for disks in general and in particular for laptops and what is the better configuration when we plan to use ext3 as the filesystem?

Thanks in advance.

 Bye,
Gianluca