EXT3 and disk write back cache

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding EXT3 and disk write back cache:

  1. Will random power cycle cause data/metadata corruption on EXT3 running on a hard disk with write back cache enabled?
  2. Will random power cycle cause EXT3 corruption when running on top of an md RAID5 device with disk write back cache enabled?
  3. I understand Linux supports write barrier for IDE disks, does EXT3 utilize write barrier?  If so, will write barrier work for EXT3 running on top of an md device?

Thanks,

Rob

Boon Storage Technologies, Inc.

rgliu@sr5tech.com