From: Robert Liu [mailto:rgliu@sr5tech.com]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 8:13 AM
To: ext3-users@redhat.com
Cc: Yuval Yeret
Subject: RE: Lost writes upon disk power failure

Response to the following posting:

Hi Yuval,

Do you know if write back cache is enabled on the disks?  If so, the problem you're observing maybe due to lost data in the cache when you powered down the RAID array.  We've performed power cycle experiments on IDE RAID arrays and have observed similar problems:

http://www.sr5tech.com/write_back_cache_experiments.htm

Rob
Robert Liu
Boon Storage Technologies, Inc.