Re: ext2->ext3 empty file creation

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 10:32, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 04:42, sagar tamhane wrote:
>
> > Can you recommend a distribution + kernel version
> > which has htree implemented.
>
> No, and I don't expect to until htree stabilises some more --- it's
> still not 100% rock-solid.

Its worth noting that the first beta of the new Red Hat had htree in the
kernel, but the second beta had it removed apparently due to stability
issues.

If you want to play with it for testing use then apply the htree patches
to a recent kernel source set, but personally having put the htree
patches into a test release I have backed them out at least until I
think through the actual upgrade process (e2fsck required intervention
as I remember - I can't do that on production upgrades - and I get
nervous about anything on filesystems that has stability implications).

Patches were available under
	http://people.redhat.com/sct/

	Nigel.
--