Re: ext3 corruption with vanilla kernel 2.4.19?

Hello,

> Question two: It was just an unluckly coincidence or there is some
> know incompatibility between RH 8.0 and vanilla kernels on ext3?

I did have major problems compiling vanilla kernels on recent
RedHat distributions until I discovered that
/usr/include/linux (or something like that) is NOT a symlink to
/usr/src/linux/include anymore. In fact it's a seperate package
called glibc-kernheaders.
I changed it and the kernel compiled fine.

One of the symptoms is that you see a lot of warnings about
multiple definitions in header files.

Maybe this helps you.

CU,
Jan